Thursday, August 15, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. I can't believe I forgot to mention this in my training recap, BUT, I fell off my bike for the first time last week!

We were stopping at a red light, and I misjudged my distance from the curb, and.... missed. I just toppled right over. And since I was basically at a stand still, it was mostly just... I was standing, and then slowly settling in on the ground.

It was INCREDIBLY lame and dumb. And I don't even have any fun scars to show for it.


2. Related to above, here's a PSA for you: Don't text and ride at the same time. The H has been riding his bike to work, and thought he would be clever and text while riding home. And then he fell, but not nearly as lazily as I did. That is some dangerous isht, and I don't know why anyone would try it. Don't do that, you guys. (and, related to The H, today we've been married FIFTEEN YEARS. That is so long!)


3. A second interview happened yesterday at the (second) happiest place on earth.....
That mouse makes me so happy.


7 comments:

  1. good luck on your interview! yikes on you and your H both falling off the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! And congrats on a second interview. This is awesome.

    S says everyone falls when they start riding. Just be glad you got it over with early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! 15 years is a looong time ;)

    I hope you get good news about the interview soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 years!! Wow!

    And yes, why WOULD you text while riding. Reminds me of the guy we saw taking a picture with BOTH HANDS while riding a motorcycle.

    Good luck :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the mouse! Tell the H not to text on his bike if he wants to live to see 16 years! Congratulations! And be careful, I am still prone to tipping over more often than I'd like to admit. Cross training is HARD in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary and hope you get some good news re: your interview!!

    I tipped over like that on my bike once. In front of a cafe with people sitting outside. It was very, very embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails