Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Five - Four Randoms, One Goal

1. I am for real the Queen of Extreme Taper. So far this week, I've done 1 run (and it was GOOD), and 1 40 minute bike ride.


I need to swim today. I mean, I should. I'm the worst. But at least I'll be well rested. CAN'T HOLD ME BACK!


2. SarahOUaL has organized a new run club in OC - first meetup is Tuesday night near Crystal Cove. Good for all paces (walkers welcome!), and variety of distances. I'll be there, probably dragging behind the walking group because hello, I have DOUBLE RACES next weekend, and as evidenced above, I LOVE TAPERING. Details HERE on the FB.

If you don't want to run here, you're broken.

3. Related to above, Disneyland Half weekend is almost here!! HOORAY. I've been looking forward to this for ages! I think Becka, L and I had costumes sorted out way back when we ran Goofy?!?! It's going to be tons of fun, and I get to cook delicious carb-loading food, and Gab can finally end her "When will A BE HERE ALREADY" countdown. 

I'm so so so excited for our costumes. SO EXCITED. 

We are the funnerest.
4. I am unsure how to be properly unemployed. First, I cannot sleep in. I've been driving the H to work following his bike accident, so I've been getting up by 6:30... BUT even when I'm not, I rarely sleep past 7. 
And I don't like napping, it just doesn't work for me. So I'm tired all the time. 

Maybe that is why I haven't felt like doing anything this week? I don't know. Anyway. At the end of the day, I'm always like, WTF just happened, I did almost NOTHING and the entire day is gone. 

How is it possible?

don't worry, I obviously have plenty o' time to dig up gifs


5. ITRYathlon is tomorrow!! YIKES. #1 will also be there, running the 5k - she was scheduled for some cross country stuff, but since it was rescheduled, she's going to race this with me (haha) instead. 

I have some goals based on my training times, but I really have zero idea of how things will go. 

Run: I don't think I'm in shape to PR a 5k right now, and I'm even less confident about doing it on a giant hill. I'll be psyched with a 28:xx run. 

Bike: I just don't even know. I would like to come in under 40 minutes. We'll see. I just want to not die.

Swim: Hopefully under 5 min. 

So, with transition, I guess that makes my.... 
A Goal: 1:15ish
B Goal: Don't hate it.
C Goal: Don't die. 

I'm pretty nervous, but I'm sure it will be FINE. Right?




2 comments:

  1. It's going to be more than fine, it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you pull me in one of those baby trailers on the biking part pretty please?

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails