Thursday, July 21, 2011

TTT - whiny edition

1. Back in January, when Gab first got diagnosed with leukemia and we started discussing treatments, the oncologist declared it a 2 1/2 year treatment plan. What they didn't mention, and I didn't think about, was the times where Gab's counts drop too low to recieve treatment. Every.single.time that happens, it puts everything on hold. So while I THOUGHT we would be in maintenance by the end of summer, turns out? Not so much. It's so incredibly frustrating. I'm really glad I ended up not booking a camp-site or something for August like I intended to. Making plans with Becka and A this for Disneyland Half... Disneyland? Out. Beach? Out.

And every time I complain about it, I feel like a dumbass, because she's REALLY had such minimal side-effects, there are so many ways this could have all been so awful for her... and I'm just bitching because I can't go frolick in the woods or something stupid. It's petty, in the grander scheme, and I try to remember that, but... it's hard, sometimes.

2. I *really* miss my kids. And I still have, like, 3 more weeks! What was I thinking?!

3. Those purple shoes hated me. What ought one do with a foot covered in blisters 2 days before a 10K?

Warning. This is gross.


Photobucket



Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I think it's whiny Thursday through and through. I'm whiny and I'm having shoe issues, though not as much as you.

    Don't feel bad about complaining... really, you need to let it out sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad about complaining. This whole thing has affected your entire family, and it's rough. It's even more rough because you're so accustomed to being active. I think you're all handling it so well, and a little complaining about the disappointments are definitely understandable. Hang in there, girl, it's going to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your whining is SO much more legitimate than mine. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. aouch on the toe... and you should be allowed to complain once in a while...it is normal...you are human...this is not easy, I am sure of it. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is no better place to get your whining and complaining out!

    sending you {{{hugs}}} and hoping things turn around sooner rather than later!

    also, ouchie on the blisters. i HATE when shoes give me blisters. lamesauce. hope your feeties feel better by race day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can get your hands on a bit of local honey, you could try dabbing them with a drop or so on the open blisters. It should help heal them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why do the cutest shoes do this to us? So unfair.

    I'm sorry you miss your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. eek. I hope the blisters heel. eek.
    And we all have those moments when where we are wistful of the things we are missing but understand why.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are allowed to complain & be whiney. People with 1% of the issue of leukemia complain and bemoan their lives and I find that you are incredibly positive. So whine-away when need to. Sometimes you gotta vent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The whining is definitely ok! It's good to let it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang in there, mama...

    wait...does your toenail polish match your carpet!!!??? hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bummer about Gabby and Disneyland, BOO!
    Purple shoes were wicked cute, but a S.O.B...

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails