Friday, July 22, 2011

I am what time, circumstance, history, have made of me, certainly, but I am also, much more than that. So are we all.

I mentioned before that Gabby was selected to be the Honored Teammate for Team In Training OC/IE chapter's marathon team.

We went to the Winter Kick Off Party last night... And it was amazing. Total strangers, recognized Gab when we walked in, and were all motivated to go run a marathon in honor of her. Unreal...



Photobucket



Photobucket



This weekend, if you missed my previous billion mentions, is Birthday 10K weekend... But, if you're running the City of Cypress 5 or 10K, come find me and say hi. I'll be in a BRIGHT ASS PINK shirt, and black running skirt.

Goal 1: 1:05. Lofty, but possible?
Goal 2: 1:10. Seems doable.
Goal 3: Don't die. That always seems like a reasonable goal.

11 comments:

  1. yay gabby! what an awesome thing for them to do! :)

    good luck in the 10K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is SO awesome that gabby was chosen to be the Honored Teammate for TIT :) totally made me tear up to see the photo of her with the Team in Training billboard! super cute :)

    good luck tomorrow at your b-day 10k and happy early birthday! i agree, "don't die" is def always a reasonable goal to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome about Gabby! How exciting! Good luck at the 10k... pretty sure you will not die :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is fantastic for Gabby!

    I will look for you tomorrow
    I am pretty tall 5'11"/will have a white hat/my hair is blond/I have an accent/ my kids will be with me and my husband (tall + bald)/I will be with a younger gal, also blonde.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this...she is just...adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting for Gabby! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really hope I get to meet her in Oct. Good luck this weekend. Tell Caroline I said, "Ca va"?

    BTW, yeah, Leo LaPorte has this cool way to describe techy things. Sometimes I listen to the Podcast at night to go to sleep. I'm serious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck tomorrow! You'll do great! Just have fun out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just seeing that bracelet made me cry like a baby. I can't imagine how overwhelmed you were. Wow, just wow.

    And yes, you can totally hit that 1:05. Go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome Heather! Gabby is looking great:) Have a great birthday run!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is just the cutest little thing ever, that smile could make you melt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails