Monday, March 14, 2022

Banff Marathon Training - Week 9 PFTW

Last week...

Tues: Hiit (ugh) and burnout butt and thigh (sounds bad), 4 miles speed (4x800?!) Nothing, work got in the way
Wed: core, 4 miles with 4x800. This felt like absolute garbage, but I somehow hit the paces I targeted. Goal 10:10-10:40, actual 10:43, 10:37, 10:22, 10:21. This was really hard. Also entered the NYC lottery for like the 10th time 😶

Thurs: upper body, 4 miles tempo
Fri: lower body Skipped that and only did the 4 mile tempo. I don't remember the last time I did a tempo run, and I almost died. I had to pause at 2 miles and assess my will to continue, did another mile, paused again, and then finished. Goal was 4 miles 11:30-11:50, actual was 4 at 12:04. This was very hard, again. 
Sat: nothing!
Sun: 12 + 1 mile walk with my group. Weather was perfect and company is always good.
We headed to brunch after (hours and hours and carafes and carafes) followed by a nail appointment. I was exhausted by the time I finally got home. Curse this lost hour! 



Next week....
I finished the Fitness Blender strength program I was doing, and we head to Netherlands Thursday, so my schedule is a little loosey goosey.
Tues: lower body maybe, crazy RLRF speedwork, covid tests
Thurs: Tempo again, flying forever
Fri-Sun: Netherlands, no planned running

1 comment:

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails