Monday, November 27, 2017

Austin Half Marathon - Week 5/6 PFTW

Week 5 

I wasn't able to get in anything before I left for Chicago, and en route to Chicago, I started feeling like I was coming down with something.

Wednesday I was up at 5:30a for my flight, and finished at the office at 8:30p, so I was good and exhausted and immuno-compromised when I left.

Thursday I had an all-day meeting (7:15a-5:45p), and immediately after left to see....
Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

It was as amazing as I dreamed it would be, but had me walking back to the hotel at 11p, and by then I was dripping and coughing and it wasn't pretty.

Friday, I was back for another long day of meetings and talking, and didn't get out of the office until I had to rush to O'Hare for my flight home. If you hear of a plague in the next few weeks that originated on a plane from O'Hare to Austin, I'm sorry.

Saturday I laid around and watched TV while trying to stay awake/conscious. Sunday I thought I felt better and left the house but it was a terrible mistake. I remember asking my husband how it's possible one person's head could have so much snot in it. We've been married almost 20 years, he so lucky.

Week 6
Monday was no better. Still dying, but since I was out of the office the week before and had PTO planned for the rest of the holiday week, I dragged myself into the office and sequestered myself into a room. I quit around 3 and went home to rest before my 6p trainer appointment. I went to the gym, and I know I did stuff, but I didn't write any of it down so I don't know what it was.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday I was still dying and worked from home on my PTO day.

Wednesday I finallllllly started seeing a glimmer of hope! I felt a little less like dying! I went to the gym for my appointment, and rushed to the airport to pick up Lora. She was super excited to be in Austin for the holiday (she hates it here), and was really lovely and pleasant to be around (she was the worst for most of her visit).

Thursday/Friday I did a lot of cooking and cleaning and stuff. I also bought a couch online, and paid an exorbitant a grown-up amount of money for it. We've been living with a tiny Ikea loveseat in this giant living room since we moved because we couldn't agree on a couch, but Thursday, I asked my husband so many times what he liked about this couch, or this rug, or this couch with this rug, that he told me to just buy whatever and stop asking. That's my strategy for every purchase going forward now.

Saturday I don't remember what happened but Lora was still here so I'm sure it was tense.

Sunday, I dropped Lora off at the airport, and then.....

I ran and didn't want to die, so I'm probably recovered.

As dead as all these damn leaves in my yard

This week.... I have a lot of gym time scheduled, because my trainer is leaving so I took every last appointment had had :( Sad.

I'm probably cancelling my training after this, because the idea of starting over with someone else is terrible, and I don't really like people so Tyron was an anomaly. I was only sticking to it because I had pre-paid, but now I'm done with that part of the contract, so... adios.

Monday: Trainer
Tuesday: Run - 4 mi
Wednesday: Nada
Thursday: Trainer, Run - 3 mi
Friday: Trainer
Saturday: Trainer
Sunday: Run - 5 mi


  1. B sure IS the luckiest! Do you think you will still go to the gym if you aren't paying for a trainer? T minus 3 months until Austin half!

  2. Very Nice Article. Thanks to share. I am very pleased to introduce with everybody ''Best Electric Foot Massager Seller on Amazon Store''. Please Visit :


Comments rock.


Related Posts with Thumbnails