Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"Nothing great in the world has been accomplished without passion"

Happy 4 month No 'Poo-versary!

In full disclosure, I have used shampoo twice - once after each camping trip. It just seemed necessary.

But aside from those two digressions, I've stuck to my honey/baking soda mix, and it's been good to me. I've had none of the hair weirdness that Snork seemed to have, which is good because I don't know how strong my resolve would have been in the face of waxiness. I've also stuck to my home brewed rosemary rinse (again, local and from the farmers market, $1 steeps me enough for a bit over a month!), and it is full of sunshine and rainbows.

Originally, the plan was to put the kidlets on No 'Poo as well. I'm less enthused about this, now, because now it seems like it might be more work for me, and I am not an advocate of creating work for myself. I'm a little torn on this, I gotta say. I'd love to say I'm all types of crunchy and don't want chemicals on my kids' head, but... truthfully, I'm equally lazy. It's a tough path to balance, I suppose.

What I've noticed, is my previously tricky, shady, good-for-nothing-frizzy hair, has turned into easily manipulated, wavy hair. I approve. I'm *thinking*, that since #1's hair is more like mine, it will also do well with no 'poo? And since she's older, she'll be easiest to break in? Hard saying. I have a few more weeks left in summer to consider this...


1 comment:

  1. It IS a tough balance. I'm lazy at heart. Why do you think I chopped all my hair off in June? LOL! I thought I had finally settled in on Kiss My Face products but I've noticed a few ingredients I don't like...so back to the drawing board. May have to just stick with Aubrey Organics and then my homemade concoctions.

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails