Thursday, August 4, 2011

Three Things Thursday, Late Night Edition

1. I do NOT know how people stay home with their kids. If you're a stay at home parent, you are my hero. The H is in FL this week retrieving 1 & 2, so I'm here, with Gabby, and holy crow. She's a freaking tornado. There's a constant state of CHAOS everywhere she's been. She's been asking me constantly, "Mommy, what's (insert inanimate object here) saying?" Over. and. over.
Photobucket
She's damn lucky she's cute...

2. I have been pretty unhappy with my job recently. I don't agree with some decisions that have been made lately, the environment is pretty crappy (and that bums me out, because it USED to be a great place to come to every day), etc etc. I could go on and on, but this story sums it up. My official title is Customer Service Manager (note that I no longer have a staff to manage - it's only me). The owner of the company asks me to find him a TV/DVD combo, LCD, with a stand, 30"+. I know squat about electronics, but search, and find a couple of options, a variety of prices, etc., and send him a list. I get an email back, "I found this one, it's a GREAT price!" I'm sure it is. It's TWENTY-SEVEN INCHES. I'm sure it's cheaper than what I found.

3. Which makes me REALLY excited to announce that I got a job offer today. Thank. God. I haven't given notice yet. I suppose I should. I've been advised to make it EPIC.... we'll see.

15 comments:

  1. Hooray for Win!

    That no motivation image - yeah, used it on my blog. That is totally me 90% of the time at work!

    She IS really cute. I swear she just seems to be a bundle of personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the job offer!

    Gabby IS adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you and the job offer!! Gabs is adorable like usual.

    Staying at home is ROUGH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job offer! That is fantastic news in our parts. I'm not working at all this summer. And I'm already asking the boys, "Isn't it time for school to start???"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Job offer?! Awesome! Congratulations- are you definitely going to take it or think about it for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the job offer!! I hate my job too but can't start looking for a new one for at least a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My wife is a stay at home mom and I DO NOT know how she does it. We have three little ones and I go crazy for the few hours I am home with them.

    I am also sick of my job and have been applying to other places. I had a second interview on Tuesday and I am really really really hoping they make an offer... Gratz on your new job! You give me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am a stay at home mom and it is crazy. but i don't know how a mom works - i give them credit not b/c they are away from their kids but more how they do it all. kudos to both moms who work outside home and moms who only work at home

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoo hoo over the job offer!

    now I'm going to be singing...man it feels good to be a gangster....

    ReplyDelete
  10. HUGE CONGRATS!!!! I am so happy and excited for you. Can't wait to hear about it (and how you give notice). :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. dang! that's great news!!! way to get out of a bad situation asap. most people will suffer for years...

    ReplyDelete
  12. SERIOUSLY, I AM STOKED FOR YOU!!!!! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats congrats congrats!!!

    your daughter is hilarious. and I am really pumped you're using a pic of Jean Luc in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm wicked late, but CONGRATS on your job offer!!!
    Gabby IS ding dang cute...

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails