Monday, August 29, 2011

Plan for the Week.....

Let's recap last week, yes?

Monday - I did some crazy speedwork run... Link HERE for that recap. It was rad. 5 miles.
Saturday - Wet n' Wild 5K. 3.1 miles.
Sunday am - 4 miles Tempo.
Sunday pm - 1.5 miles at 7% incline.

The end.

This is TAPER WEEK!!! 6 days until Disneyland. I know some people look forward to taper week... me, it just makes me think I'm crazy. I don't think I'm setting out for a PR (I might try, but just a little......), it's really more of a fun run for me. My A race is Long Beach in October. But still, I'm a crazy person.

Anyway...
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 5 miles. Scheduled for easy, but I might do 400's.
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: 3 miles easy. Or tempo. Tough saying.
Friday: Rest
Saturday: COFFEE, and CHEESECAKE!
Sunday: 13.1, and two GIANT medals.

Also to follow up on last week, if you recall HERE I asked for finger crossing for Gab's labs on Thursday. She didn't make her counts, unfortunately, despite the fingers that were crossed. When her counts aren't high enough, she has to wait for chemo until they are high enough. So, she's got another clinic visit this morning (super fast, usually they wait a week!), and if that goes well, chemo this afternoon.

Sheesh. Poor kid.

Anyway. It's been a billion degrees here, so we spent the weekend at the pool...
Photobucket

Have a stellar week!

6 comments:

  1. Coffee?
    Cheesecake?
    I am So there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing great on your workouts. Cheescake love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you never want to wish for chemo, but I hope her numbers are good so she can get it.....enjoy that taper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. keeping gabby in my thoughts today! and hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAA COFFEE AND HIGH FIVES!!!! I LOVE IT!!!! I really am so very excited to meet you sweet ladies.
    p.s holy crap hot town from hadies?!(sp?) ya, i was in anaheim on sat for a babyshower at 12 and was like "oh dear god, i need to run fast..."

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails