Monday, March 4, 2013

Plan for the week

Have you entered the Team Gab Virtual Race?? Prizes from Nuun, Aspaeris, PROCompression, Team Sparkle, BIC Bands, and Allied Medal Hangers, plus the warm fuzzies you get from supporting a great cause, like pediatric cancer research! Click HERE to enter.

***************************************************************

Last week:
Monday: rest
Tuesday: 7 miles, with 3x1600 @ 9:00 (actual, 9:09, 9:02, 8:57)
Wednesday: track time!*
Thursday: 7 miles easy
Friday: rest
Saturday: 4 miles easy with PCRF, yoga**
Sunday: 18 miles***

*While I was at the track with the PCRF coaches (and one other participant, so it was really like some great one-on-one coaching), I was thinking that none of it FELT particularly hard. I changed my mind later that day, when my muscles were dying from exhaustion. I would LIKE to go again this week, but it's kind of a hassle for me to do it - the drive, the dark, the cold, the early, etc. 

**I was supposed to do my long run Saturday, and build it into my PCRF run. BUT, since we've just started training with PCRF, our mileage this week was pretty low (5 miles for the half marathon group), so I'd have to run 13 miles before I even got there - putting me out on the streets at 5: 15am. The alarm went off, and I immediately made the decision to push the run to Sunday. EXCELLENT call, because I was achy, fatigued, and generally TIRED during those 4 miles. And it was a billion degrees.

30 minutes of yoga and some foam rolling that afternoon cured me up good, though, because....

***Sunday's 18 was GLORIOUS. Really, one of the best training runs I can remember in a long time. Finally.


Plan for this week:
Monday: Yoga
Tuesday: 7 miles, 7x800 (BLAH)
Wednesday: Track?
Thursday: 7 easy
Friday: rest
Saturday: does hosting a party count as cross training??? Because it should.
Sunday: 14 



3 comments:

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails