Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Leukemia: Thwarting My Fun Since 2011

If we're friends on The Twitter, you probably already caught this....

Gabby was running a temperature last night. She seems to be feeling completely fine, and apparently had all of the nurses laughing while she was being admitted last night at 2am.

If she's cancer free, why the hospital visit over a fever with no other symptoms?

Well... Remember last week, when I babbled about Gabby's surgery to remove her port being postponed? Because of the placement of her port (over her heart, with the tubes leading into the vena cava), it's in an abundance of caution that they immediately admit any kid with a port that is running a fever to make sure they are not fighting an infection. With a fever, she's kept in the hospital for 48 hours.

So, don't fret. No news yet on what's causing the fever, but based on how she's behaving, I'm not super concerned. I understand WHY we have to stay at the hospital, but it's still kind of a hassle.

She is clearly in paradise, with a remote that controls TV, her bed, and the room lights.

10 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for her! I'm sure it's nothing serious but I'm thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope she's feeling better soon and you guys are out of the hospital even sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh poor Gabby. She must hate that she always has to go! I hope they send you home and she never has to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no...I thought it was the removal of the port when I saw the pic on Instagram....boooo hope she is better very soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will say a prayer for Gabby too. Funny, last time my middle boy was in the hospital, he had a blast with all the controls and the nurses at his beck and call. You must be sooooo tired. Prayers for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poopy! I hope the fever is down or is going down at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a low after last weeks' high. Fingers crossed she is back home asap and feeling 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope she kicks those bugs & gets out to enjoy the spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. keeping you guys in my thoughts.

    hopefully the fever goes so that the port can get removed and you dont have to deal with all the hospital dramz any more!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. glad she should be okay-i was worried when i first saw your tweets!

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails