Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Word(y) Wednesday....

Last night's run: RLRF called for 400's. I'm not fancy enough to run on a track (it scares me, honestly), so I did mine on a treadmill set at 1 incline. I also am math dumb, and can't think and run at the same time - so instead of 100 RI, I did 400 cool down. Don't judge me.

Anyway. My 400 goal pace was 2:24-2:32. .5 mi warm up, then...
1 @ 2:26
2 @ 2:21
3 @ 2:21
4 @ 2:22
5 @ 2:19

and 400 cool down at the end. 3 miles, 33:23.

I am really enjoying this RLRF so far. The pace is always fast enough for me to think twice before starting - like, can I *really* do this?!, but not SO challenging that I can't actually do it.
*******

Are you a fan of delicious flavor? I'm meeting up with some other runner/bloggers at Yogurtland tomorrow evening! If you're in the area, I'd love to meet you - shoot me an email for the details!

*******

Guess what came in the mail yesterday?


Photobucket


Yep... Pearl Izumi cycling shorts, that I got a killer deal on.

Plus....



Photobucket


Coincidence? Probably not...

11 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your Psych reference meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to Yogurtland with you, and I want Psych to start sooner than the fall!

    Nice job on your 400s. The "track" workouts are so encouraging for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never done speed work on the treadmill before but since i think treadmill running can be boring i bet speed work is a great way to make it less boring. i might have to try that next time i find myself running on a treadmill.

    have fun at the yogurtland meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the work out!!!
    And I am a huge fan of froyo. If I lived closer I would come for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Yogurtland"? I want to go to there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even understand what 400s are. Is that a quarter mile?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WISH I lived in California. For many many reasons. Including that you have a place called yogurtland?! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you like the RLRF program workouts - I love that they seem impossible on paper and that they're difficult but then when I'm done, I feel SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh I wanted to do a Triathlon too but first I'm going to need a bike lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so sweet to invite me to the meet-up in the OC! I wish I knew sooner...I already have plans. Next one I will try to make it! I would love to meet other bloggers! And I love making trips to the OC, except for that dreaded 91.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a sign! Looks like you'll be doing a Tri in October! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails