Friday, June 24, 2011

Why Today is Awesome

1. Last night, I KILLED my tempo run. It was pretty rad. Based on my (estimated) time trial, I was shooting for 10:37. What actually happened - 1/2 mile warm up, 1 mile @ 10:39, 1 mile at 10:15, 1/2 mile cool down.

Now I think I've been underestimating myself. That 2nd mile seemed pretty easy....

But that's not all!

2. Then! I did Suck Less. Total of 185 push ups, 392 sit ups, 143 tricep dips. The H "accidentally" gave me column three of sit ups, instead of column two. Jerk.

But I did them, and it wasn't that awful. Again with the underestimating myself....

Anyway, I *kind of* have some muscle now. Sort of. A little.



Photobucket

3. Also, did you see the Tinker Bell Half Medal!? Hello, giant sparkly twirly thing...


(Yes, I've heard Tinker Bell TWIRLS. How rad is that?!)

4. I saw this on my way to work today....

Photobucket


Really? I think I would pass on hiring you, my friend.

5. Last night, I talked to someone with the local chapter of Team in Training, and Gabby has been selected to be the Honored Teammate for the Orange County/Inland Empire for the winter season! So excited to be working with TNT, and help the Team raise money for LLS.

6. Florida is coming up FAST - 10 days! While I'm not at all excited about the hot, and the humidity (oh dear lord the humidity), I AM excited to see some people I haven't seen in a while... and hopefully eat some real Cuban food. Not that fakey stuff I pretend to make.

7. You know you're a runner when this shows up in your taskbar.......

Photobucket

8. And FINALLY, it's the last day of the work week, and I don't have to be in my office for TWO WHOLE DAYS! Phew. It was getting close to stabbing-o-clock around here.

10 comments:

  1. Your enthusiasm is contagious! Congrats on an awesome tempo run and all of your other good news.

    A little jealous about your successful tempo, I admit. I need to work on sucking less around here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I registered for tinkerbell, that medal is amazeballs!
    and, welcome to the TNT family! i hope the little one (and everyone in your family) are doing well.
    and, yay for Friday!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the tempo and improvements with the strength side of things! :)

    SO jealous you are going to FL. We have a lot of family there! Though I don't know I'd want to go in June/July :-X Ouch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha great post. I love your humor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice gun show!!
    Great job on the tempo & pushups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...even I want that medal...
    Nice job on the tempo run, Plank Skipper. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, that is a bicep.

    It is past stabbing-o-clock for me but I am going to try one last time to make this script work!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure does feel good to nail a tempo run :)

    Have fun in Florida! and I'm still chuckling about 'stabbing-o-clock'...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I WANT THAT MEDAL.

    That's so cool that Gabby is the Honored Teammate!

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails