- Fall TV things I love: Amazing Race (so far…), Up All Night, New Girl, James Spader on The Office
- What I don’t: Two Broke Girls, Revenge
- Welcome back, I’ve missed you: Castle, Bones, Community, Chuck, Raising Hope
- Undecided: Free Agents
- Still to check out: Terra Nova, I Hate my Teenage Daughter
- You’re welcome for the break down.
- I ate this cake yesterday, because it was the monthly office birthday celebration. I have NO IDEA what flavor it was supposed to be. It was odd. I ate it anyway.
- I spent 35 minutes on the elliptical last night, and was planning on another 25 on the bike, but… some weirdo brought a billion kids into our teeny complex gym, and put them ALL on machines (there are 6, total), with instructions to stay on them for 25 minutes, then proceeded to walk, very slowly, on the treadmill, with headphones in to watch TV. I can’t stand that. The gym is not your daycare facility! Argh.
- I guess I *could* have done an extra 25 minutes on the elliptical, but (1) I hate the elliptical and was seconds away from punching myself in the face out of boredom, and (2) her kids smell like dirty laundry. I couldn’t take it. A teeny room full of sweaty, dirty clothes. Sigh.
- I dislike the pressure schools put on children to fundraise and sell crap.
- I apologize to and THANK HEARTILY my friends who provided addresses to be sent solicitation post cards from my child. I promise I’ll buy things from your kid when they bring home catalogs of stuff I don’t need.
- Someone I hired 3 weeks ago is still having trouble logging into her computer. She has IT over at her desk now. She says, “I’m trying it all these different ways…” Maybe, that’s your problem. MAYBE, you need to write some isht down and remember your log in, and try it just the right way.
- I have over-booked my October.
- All of the things are all things I’m excited about. There are just SO MANY of them.
- I’ve seen a few articles lately positing that it’s hard and expensive to eat healthy. Really? You can’t feed yourself – a grown adult – on $30 a week, but I can manage a party of 5 for $75 a week? Lies, and laziness. Sit down, article-writer.
- There was another comment on Sprouts Facebook page asking for gluten-free snack options for their kid. The thread was full of processed, boxed, canned, wrapped stuff. Um. Fruits? Veggies? Would a celery stick or an apple kill somebody? What happened to that stuff? Sigh. I will never understand the propensity to fall into the boxed food trap. I mean, in moderation, whatever, but it’s so commonly the first choice.
- Or maybe I take for granted that I live in an area with an abundance of fresh, affordable produce year round. Also a possibility.
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.”
Have you voted yet for our Ragnar name(s)? Not to put ANY pressure on you, but “Hello, Haters/Goodbye, Haters” was submitted by #1. I’m just saying. You can vote multiple times. Link HERE. If you vote, let me know and I’ll enter you in a giveaway for some random mystery goodies. You don’t even HAVE to vote for #1’s entry. Fair play and all that.