Thursday, September 15, 2011

Three Thing Thursday

This is, probably, the BEST TTT to date, ever posted by anyone, ever.

1. In case you missed my social media barrage immediately following our cancer clinic visit, Gabby is OFFICIALLY IN MAINTENANCE. We are participating in a clinical trial, and the arm that she was randomized into is... pretty mellow. Standard treatment is lumbar punctures and The Steroid every 4 weeks, plus a pill at home daily, and another 11 pills on one night a week. Her maintenance will be lumbar and Steroid every TWELVE WEEKS, plus the pill at home, plus the 11. Awesome.

2. I decided to run outside tonight, because it was FINALLY cooling off enough to do so. I was going to do 5 miles, tempo, but... decided it was getting too dark. Because I'm a dark chicken. Instead, I did a 5 minute warm up walk, followed by 3.4 miles in 34:15. That's a 10:04 pace. That is UNHEARD of for me, outside. UNHEARD OF. And it was magical. It was probably at 75% effort. And the weather was SO great. Until I got inside, and I turned into a sweaty beast.
Photobucket

3. My new job is fantastic, and finally, finaaaalllllly, after three years of being bored and having not much to do, I'm back to doing real work. Phew.



Did you catch my contest yesterday? Name our Ragnar Team, win free stuff! Link HERE.

15 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND GABBY :) I may or may not be all teary-eyed right now. I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL VERY AWESOME! Especially no. #1!!! The best news ever. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff, all around. Especially, of course, #1. I'm so happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've probably thought about this like 50 times since you tweeted yesterday, and my reaction is still
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and tears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This IS an awesome TTT!!!

    Although your run was full of awesome, I'm going to have to say Gabby trumped you on this one. Yay for her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one happy post. It made me smile.
    BTW, running in the dark is actually quite cool, I do it practically every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. best ttt EVER! yay for gabby!! and yay for an awesome run!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great news about Gabby!!! :) Now, go celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news about Gabby! I don't know how I missed it! So soo happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wonderful news about Gabby!! So happy for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a wierd sweat-er too, especially when I go trail running! I will barely sweat when I'm running the trail but then when I get back in my truck BAM!! Nasty, stinky sweat everywhere. Then I give the truck back so my husband can go to work. =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay for Gabby! and that is AWESOME that your new job is rockin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So stoked for Gabby!
    Dark chicken...bawk, bawk, BAAWWWKK
    Glad you are diggin' your new job, that is SO important as we have to spend heaps of time there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails