Monday, September 26, 2011

Plan for the week

What happened last week...

Monday: Dinner with the cousin
Tuesday: Goal was 10 min warm up, 1600 @ 9:23 (!!!), 2x800 @ 4:34, 4x400 @ 2:15, 400RI
Actual: 10 min warm up jalk (half walk/half run), 1600 @ 9:18, 800 @ 4:28, 4:31, 400 @ 2:11, 2:13, 2:07, 2:02; 7:30 cool down. Felt GOOD.
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Intended to do a tempo run. However, my shin was being a PITA, so I tried warming up on the elliptical for 1.5 miles, and hopped onto the treadmill to finish. That treadmill run lasted .25mi, during which I realized that my achy shin HURT like a mofo.
Friday: Pouting, icing, compressing, general crankiness, and waffling about how wise it may or may not be to do my last long run on Saturday.
Saturday: Sigh. 30 minutes cycling, 1 hr elliptical, 15 minutes cycling. Obviously, the long run was skipped. This was perhaps the longest hour and forty-five minutes of my life.
Sunday: Continued waffling, debating, and icing.

The good news is, I *think* my shin feels okay now. There's definitely no pain when I walk, and only minimal pain when I press on my shin....

I have the option of deferring my Long Beach registration to another half that I was considering in December; I can wait until Oct. 5th to decide. Part of my hesitation is that I am notoriously crazy and paranoid about made-up injuries prior to a race... am I being crazy again? Or legit hurt? Tough saying. The easy answer is to go get the maybe-injury checked out. Apparently I'd rather wear KT Tape, Tommie Copper, and ice for 2 weeks.

Anyway......

This week:
Monday: Pouting, waffling, and eyeballin' the possible December race.
Tuesday: Hour cardio - cycling, elliptical, and some mixture thereof. Maybe some intervals on each to mimic the sad, sad intervals I'm missing out on.
Wednesday: Poking at the Shin, icing, obsessing, waffling.
Thursday: Reassess the Shin, try an easy run. Otherwise, one hour cardio.
Friday: Obsess. Whine. Ice. Waffle.
Saturday: IF the Shin has decided to be a contributing player to this game, easy 8-10 miles. Otherwise, 2 hours cardio or something equally awful (puke).

Sigh.

Anyway. Moments that make me smile.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Me: How did she hang those on the door?
The H: She must have used tape?
Me: Oh. I didn't know we even had tape.
Gabby: It was GLUE!

Photobucket
Yeah... that'd be the back of my Poang chair.

Photobucket
DIY Manicure

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. #1 and #2's responses to you are cracking my shit up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG the pics of the antics are too darn funny!
    Hope the shin is nothing more than pre-race nothing. Go get it checked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Your kids kill me
    2) I want waffles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang it - okay, at lunch I'm coming back to see the photos!


    If your December race is the Rock 'n' Roll Half in Las Vegas then I vote for you to do that ... but that's 'cause I'm selfish and want Giraffy time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glue!!!! THAT MADE ME LAUGH!!! (sorry!)

    December is it the one in Pomona?
    I am doing the 5k there and my kids are doing the kids run (FREE! for kids did you know that? and with medals) I almost signed up for the half....almost..I might change my mind after LB we will see...it looks like a fun one to do.

    I would get it checked and not mess with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. first - your kids are too funny.
    second - stupid shin. i hope it gets better in time for long beach! but, definitely take care of yourself so you can keep running!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are fantastic you know that though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glue! *snort*

    I hope you are feeling well soon and all healed up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is up with the shin?!? i hope it is treating you better soon! you just ice, compress, and tell that shin who the boss is darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. glue? glue?? If you type that a couple of times, it looks weird.

    how's the shin? I love KT tape, I swear by it, hope it's doing it's job.

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails