1. My mom is visiting! We have been spending a lot of time surprising children (they didn't know), bird watching (they're still creepy, but she digs 'em), and hiking.
2. I ran 4 miles Tuesday, slow and easy, and it was like we had never been apart. Then gabby kicked the hell out of my shin (on accident, I think...), and mother effer it hurts.
3. Speaking of gabby, she had a procedure yesterday (lumbar puncture with chemo), that resulted in our first ever reaction following an LP. Scary. Bah.
4. Since I'm not running Holiday Half this weekend, or the 5k that I talked everyone else into running, I'm a little bitter. But I will be there Saturday to spectate the hell out of the 5k. Followed by a trip out to Joshua Tree for the weekend. Bring on the rock climbing!
5. Thank you, pinterest, for introducing me to avocado fries. They were delicious.