5 miles again last night. Still slow and steady. Infinitely better than Tuesday, though, so that's good. It took all of my willpower not to play with the speed on the treadmill and finish sub-55, but alas. I refrained, and finished 55:23. SO CLOSE. Stupid restraint.
1. I'm having some friends over for Christmas dinner (with their pinch-able-cheeked baby), and we just pinned down a dinner menu yesterday: Fried goat cheese (for her and me), roasted brussels sprouts, pull apart cheesey herb bread, mini scalloped potatoes (again for her and me), duchesse potatoes (for everyone else), rib roast, and some sort of pear dessert, because I have a ton of pears.
2. Thank you, Pinterest, for having lovely pictures of all of these things. Are we friends on Pinterest? We should be... Click HERE.
3. Deciding this was no easy matter....
4. In retaliation for denying duck (I'm assuming...), her husband sent me this beautiful thing...
5. I checked in with my little brother this morning (okay, he's, like, 23, so not SO little, I GUESS).
6. I still have one more piece of shopping to do. That will be done today after work. Hopefully.
7. And even after that, I have food shopping to do. Bah.
8. Plus wrapping.
9. And decorating. I mean, we're decorated, but not for dinner with guests. And normally I wouldn't, but now that I got all geeked up on some fancy dinner party, I feel like I need to decorate.
10. Do you see what I did just now? Created my own stress vacuum in my head.
11. I've lost 6 lbs since early November. That includes Thanksgiving, so we're clear. And I didn't NOT eat anything I wanted. I ate all the things that I dreamed about. And it was all glorious.
12. Take THAT, holiday chub.
13. I feel like kind of an asshole. Everyone in my office is exchanging gifts and giving me things. I had NO IDEA they did this here, so I have... nothing. I mean, I brought hummus and pretzel crisps to the pot luck, so there's that, I guess..... Sorry, folks.
13.5. Plus, I fired three people in the last week. Yeah. I'm an asshole.
14. I am SUPER DUPER excited about the girls' Christmas gifts. And The H's.
15. I am SUPER DUPER MEGA excited for the gift the H got me (WEEK of AWESOME coming up...)