Monday, September 24, 2012

Plan for the week!

I know, it's been awhile since I've had "A Plan".

But Sunday, I did this....
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

And I didn't die, and my leg didn't spontaneously combust!

A call from my shifty doctor late Friday told me there's no stress fracture.

In it's entirety, the call said there's no stress fracture, just shin splints, and swelling, and that the only solution is to.... stop running. Again. That seems to be this chick's favorite phrase.

I am waiting for a referral to a sports med doctor, to get a for real handle on the Jerk Shin, that doesn't involve "Just don't run".

Later this week, after I collect some pictures and get around to it, I think I'll post my self-diagnosed "weird running that breaks my legs", and what I think is the cause of Jerk Shin.
*********************************************************************************
So, to recap, last week....

Monday: TV
Tuesday: I think I was sick this day?
Wednesday: And definitely this one.
Thursday: Not much.
Friday: Still nothing.
Saturday: Knott's Scary Farm, recap to come, but preview: I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE.
Sunday: 3 slow, sweaty miles (i know, I know, twss). If you've ever wondered what it was like to run a few miles after a few weeks of doing absolutely nothing, I will tell you: It feels hard, and fun, and glorious when you're done, and today, my legs feel like they definitely ran more than 3 miles. WTF legs, that's not funny.


This week!

Monday: Cross training stuff <- Yeah. I'm cross training. FOR REAL this time. Maybe.
Tuesday: 4 miles easy
Wednesday: CTS
Thursday: 6 miles, some speed stuff
Friday: CTS
Saturday: 12 miles

I don't have a ton of time before CIM, so while I probably won't be in PR shape in the next 9 weeks, I do have to be in "Don't Die" shape.

I also have a 5k coming up in... less than 2 weeks. I intended for this to be a PR effort, and SOME PEOPLE still think I should try. I don't know. Seems painful.
**********************************************************************************
Gabby and I "decorated" our entrance this weekend....
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Super spooky.

And then this was happening. I'm not sure what it is. I think we called #2 a rug, and Gabby wanted to test that theory?

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
Sorry, #2. Didn't mean to get you stepped on.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for no stress fracture, a plan and 3 miles! :)

    I have a jerk shin too... it never hurts when I run, but would get very sore to the touch (and a raised area). It was diagnosed as shin splints and I started wearing calf sleeves and doing calf/shin strengthening exercises about a year ago and that fixed it. It took quite a while though for me to be able to push on that area without it hurting. Good luck and i Hope you get it figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walk, do not run to your nearest Active Release Technique practitioner. I'm serious. It's pretty much the best thing ever for these types of injuries. Go to the website and find practitioner near you: www.activerelease.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walk, do not run to your nearest Active Release Technique practitioner. I'm serious. It's pretty much the best thing ever for these types of injuries. Go to the website and find practitioner near you: www.activerelease.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you don't have a fracture. Stay on that CTS and you'll be in fine shape for CIM>

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad it's not a stress fracure- and getting a new doc is key!! Cross train- it won't be solo bad, right?

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails