One might think I'd take this non-running opportunity to, you know, cross train. I've done some cycling (an hour's worth), and some ellipticalling (all of 10 minutes before I wanted to kick myself in the throat), and weights (one 30 minute arm/back/chest program).
That's 1 hour and 40 minutes in two weeks. LAME.
I had an MRI on Jerk Shin Tuesday evening, and I'm waiting for the results. I shouldn't complain, my company pays for my health care in full, nothing out of pocket, but holy bejesus slowest process ever.
2. Last weekend, it was a billion degrees. SoCal generally has pretty mild summers - we are hot for a few days, REALLY hot for a few days, but the rest of the summer is pretty glorious. Except this summer, where it's been ridiculous for a long, long time.
The H and #1 had plans to attend Comikazee in downtown LA (about 60 minutes NE of us, and HOTTER than OC). I was kind of a little concerned about this drive - neither of our cars have working AC, which isn't normally a huge deal, but that drive sure would suck for them.
BUT THEN! We found the OC Metrolink train - $10, all weekend, right into downtown (and Pasadena! And Hollywood!). There's a station a few miles from our house, and it's air conditioned. Awesome. So we dropped them off at the station, and I spent the rest of the day with the other kids avoiding #heatpocalypse.
FYI, you can spend up to at least 4 hours at Souplantation (or Sweet Tomatoes, for you non-west coasters) without getting any shady looks.
|Gabby made friends.|
The H brought me a present, though, so I guess we're good.
You can pick up your own copy of "That's Not Your Mommy Anymore: a zombie tale" on Amazon (not an affiliate link, I'm not that fancy). Totally worth it. Gabby and I read it, and i was pleased to hear that I must not be a zombie, since I'm not green.
Yeah, we added that shit to her kindergarten reading log. That might be awkward at parent teacher conferences.
3. Kind of zombie related.... The H and I are going out for actual, real life grown up fun Saturday night, for the launch of Knott's Scary Farm!
Halloween Haunt runs weekend nights from 9/21-10/31. And looks extra, extra scary.
4. My job is driving me batty. I'm kind of for real sort of looking, but mostly just for specific organizations and companies that I really want to work for. The thing is, I have it pretty cushy at this company, so I think until something I really, really want to go for pops up, I'm just going to tough it out. There just aren't a ton of great jobs out there that interest me, and I'm not desperate, just bored.
But if anyone knows of something that lets me wear compression and running clothes, and does good, like curing cancer, and is in SoCal (that's important), I'm game.
5. I don't really love getting up at 6am, but I do love getting out of work by 4pm. And these fall sunrises sure don't hurt.
6. We're planning a camping trip to Sequoia National Park in a few weeks. Anyone been there? I hear it's beautiful, but everything I read says there are bears everywhere.
Am I going to be eaten by bears?