Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gab's Make a Wish Trip, Part 3: Universal Studios

I have very little to blog about, since I'm not running. I made it through 6 of 10 hill repeats Thursday, and had some stupid, worrisome shin pain. Saw my doctor, and I'm waiting for an MRI referral. Bah. Anyway.


I am very, very slowly recapping our Make a Wish trip to Disney World. Very slowly. Honestly, I'm a little bit in denial that her trip is over. But, since I'm not running, I'll finish up this trip report. If Orlando and Disney and Wish Kids bore you, see you next week, my friend.


*****************************************************************************
On Saturday, after a really, really long day at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom, we met my sister-in-law and mother-in-law at Universal Studios Islands of Adventure.

We're pretty much Disney Die Hards, so we had never been to Universal. But, the kids were kind of into Harry Potter, and we had tickets, so we decided to take advantage.

The upside to the Magic Pass, is we waited in zero lines. The downside to IoA is, Gab couldn't go on a ton of rides. We spent a lot of time hanging out, resting, and playing with all the things my MIL bought her.

I don't have a lot to say, really - we made our way through the park pretty quickly, and were out by dinner time. We headed straight to HPW when we got in, and that place... dude, it got crowded FAST. And it's a super tight space, so if you're planning on going, go early, and tour it fast. It was maddening.

In touring order, we did: HPW (Butterbeer, Dragon Challenge, Flight of the Hippogriff, HP & the Forbidden Journey), Poseidon’s Fury (head's up, NOT A RIDE, it's a show, and you'll be walking/standing), Jurassic Park (Discovery Center, River Adventure), Toon Lagoon (the most visually exhausting thing I've ever seen ever - Ripsaw Falls, Popeye & Bluto’s Bilge-Rat Barges), Super Hero Island (The Incredible Hulk Coaster, the only ride I went on, because Gab finally fell asleep in her stroller), Seuss Landing (all of it, Gab loved it).

I gotta say. I'm just not a fan, honestly. It's just not really my thing. But we were treated really well with the MaW Magic Pass, and every cast member (employee?) was fantastic. The theme-ing (is that a word?) was fantastic - whatever look they were going for, they nailed, particularly in HPW. No complaints about the place, just personal preference.

Pictures....

Falling....
falling....

fallllllling.....
faaaalllllling.....
fell.
fell

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
I don't know why I'm holding on to her like she might fly out. Overprotective what?

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think Gabby was tired.

Rawr

Photobucket

Hogwarts?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best with your MRI results, hope it's just inflammation and needs some rest. Looking back at all these happy pictures will help, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Hope the jerk shin heals itself so you won't have to amputate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visually exhausting - that is the perfect way to describe Toon Lagoon!! The times I've been there I try, but I can't even take it all in because there is just so much! Did you get pizza?? The pizza by the Spiderman area is soooo yummy! (At least it was back in the early 2000s.)

    Why didn't #1 wear a Thing 1 shirt?? Party pooper!

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails