Friday, February 10, 2012

Mermaid Half - The One Where I Make Goals

Run last night - 4 miles, attempted 2 easy, 2 @ goal pace (10:40). Actually did 10:47, 10:50, 10:12, 10:33. Yes, I own a Garmin. Yes, I used a Garmin. Yes, I suck at pacing.

Remember waaaaay back in May, I wanted to run a 2:20 at PCRF Half? And then I didn't?

And THEN I attempted again at Long Beach? And failed again?

Wanna guess my goal for Mermaid Half this weekend?

Hint: It rhymes with fwo:fwenty.

B Goal: PR. That would be anything better than 2:29:48.

C Goal: Don't Die.

Anyone else running Mermaid this weekend?

See you later today with Team Gab Week 4 Giveaway Winner!

13 comments:

  1. You can do eeeettttt!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I always have A, B and C goals too and usually incorporate a don't die into one of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's time. 2:20, you got this. Can't wait to hear all about it. Oh, and I checked out that course, lots of out and backs, huh? I like that, you can high five people on the out, when you are on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in you! You can totally do it. I hope it is a super awesome and super great race for you. Have fun and kick butt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I suck at pacing too! I was just saying yesterdat that I tried to run slow and ran far faster than I meant, while staring at my Garmin, so silly! You can do 2:20!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do it! Above all have a great time.

    I just registered for the PCRF half and joined Team Gab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck!! and most of all HAVE FUN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ran it last year - it's flat (except for some really small inclines on Fiesta Island). I was considering running the 10K but all events sold out two weeks ago! Instead it's garage sale day tomorrow (got a crapload of stuff to try to clear out)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um... no comment.

    I'll just say I'm NOT running this this weekend, and something tells me you are won't be either. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails