Friday, February 24, 2012

Gotta run the bad runs to appreciate the good?

Or something like that?

I don't know.

All I know, is last night when I got home, I posted this on Daily Mile...

Photobucket

I know. Is that the WHINIEST thing ever? LAME.

It just sucked.

***************************************************

I have a race tomorrow, wheeeee. This is normally the part where I feel all cocky and make crazy goals.

Goal A: 1:01:xx
Goal B: PR. <-- my current PR is 1:06:05.
Goal C: Don't puke.

I had this plan to shoot for sub-60. The way I have felt this week, I just dunno that it's reasonable. We'll see. I'll keep it in the back of my head and see how I feel, I guess. That #($!*# "Conditioning" class has sucked the life out of my legs. Maybe they'll feel fully recovered tomorrow. It is possible. Plus, it's THAT time of the month, and blah. I need to schedule races better.

THIS JUST IN. The H agreed to run with me. Since he's (shhhhh, it's a secret) training for his first half (!!!!), this will be his long slow run for the week, and his long slow pace should be just about where I want my 10K race pace to be....... so..... this might change things. *****************************************************
Team Gab! Lesley's Team Gab Virtual Race recap link HERE - 13.9 miles, on trails. She's so badass.

Heather at Go Girl Go ran the ING Miami Half Marathon with Team Gab, link to her recap HERE.

Team Gab officially broke $3,000 in fundraising this week.
Photobucket

Thank you!!!

Aaaaaand, the winner of the giveaway this week....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Congrats, T! Check out the prizes and let me know which one you'd like!


Good luck this weekend, Princess runners. I hate you all, but just a little bit. I hate missing out on things.

10 comments:

  1. Have fun pushing yourself tomorrow!

    Maybe it will be like a play, and your shit run means yo'll have an awesome race?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate missing out on things too. Tinkerbell Half made me so sad. Or angry. Or jealous. Probably all of them.

    And I'm so psyched to have won! I'd love the BicBands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow!!! You will do great...maybe you got that icky feeling out of the way already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to me like you got the shitty run out of the way to make room for awesomeness! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. How can you appreciate the good/great if you never have a bad one? Now, go kick some @$$ tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Heather Go! Outkick the H at the end. Rest up today and pour it on tomorrow in the second half!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great that the H is running with you. This should make that 10k more enjoyable, no? I think it will break your streak of bad runs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant to ask if he was still planning on running a half. Good luck tomorrow (if it really IS tomorrow).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! Your C goal is my A goal (hee hee). I'll look for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I just read this after posting mine --- we ended on similar sentiments about hating the Princess runners!

    I didn't know you had a race!! I hope you were awesome. I'm going to cyber stalk you and find out!

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails