1. I ran last night. It wasn't good. It wasn't bad. It just was. 10:42, 10:31, 10:39, 10:05, 9:41 (<-- test mile at goal pace for this weekend's 10K), 11:10. 6 miles, 1:02:48.
2. That's 6 miles in 4 minutes under my current 10K PR.
3. PCRF offers a class at 24 Hour Fitness for the VIP Training Program. Last year, it was a mind/body yoga-pilates-stretchy for runners class. It was glorious.
4. I wasn't sure I was going to go, since it's at 6am, and, hello, I don't even roll out of bed to get ready for work most days by 6 am. But, I was lured in by the promise of gifts furnished by Lulu.
5. Mother effer, strength conditioning for runners IS NOT THE SAME as yoga-stretchy-omm. Curse it.
6. I watched part of Office Space last night, and had "damn it feels good to be a gangster" running through my brain all morning. I did NOT feel good OR gangster during that class.
7. I've been giving annual reviews to my staff all week. Consider this nugget of wisdom next time you have a review: If your manager says that one of the concerns they have about your performance is that your attitude is poor, you don't respond well to coaching, and that your body language comes across as incredibly negative during coaching sessions, DO NOT sit in front of her with your arms crossed and not follow along in your review. I promise, it does not help your cause. Also, it makes you look like an asshole.
8. Apparently, I am feeling extra complainy today.