Put those miles to good use!
If you're new around here, Gabby, that kid ^^, is my 5 year old daughter. She was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in January, 2011. I am fundraising for the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation, and will be running the PCRF Cinco de Mayo Half Marathon in May with Team Gab.
If you're in SoCal, you can join me, Skinny Runner, Once Upon A (L)ime, Caro from Canadian Runner in Exile, and my friend Leigh on May 6th in Irvine - there is a 5K, 10K, a half marathon, and a Bike Tour.
What's that? You don't have the incredible luck of living here?
1. I'm sorry.
2. Run with us anyway!
When: Starts Monday, 1/16/12, through Friday, 2/17/12 - that's a full month to fit in your race!
Where: Wherever you feel like racing
Who: Everyone is invited to the party - I am a friendly type.
Here's where the fundraising comes in.
$5 donation = 5K = 1 entry
$10 donation = 10K = 2 entries
$25 donation = half marathon (13.1 miles, yo) = 5 entries
$40 donation = FULL marathon (26.2) = 10 entries
HOW THIS IS GOING TO WORK (hopefully):1. Choose your distance - obviously you can donate the amount you are comfortable with, and extra donations are happily accepted. (Additional entries 1 = $5 donated beyond the amount noted above. Ex: Run a 5K and donate $15, receive 1 entry ($5 for the 5K) + 2 entries (for the additional $10) = 3 total)
2. Click HERE to donate to PCRF and Team Gab.
3. Leave a comment or email me (GoTeamGab@gmail.com) with your race distance and donation amount (I will calculate your number of entries, but fair warning, I took college algebra three times - so you could include the number of entries based on your donation amount, and I wouldn't hate it). Maybe I'll send you a bib. Maybe not, I'm pretty not good with creating things, but it could happen!
4. Snag that snazzy picture up there, and link back to this post if you're so inclined (but I'd really like it).
5. Share the race on FB, Twitter, whatever floats your boat (again not mandatory, but it'd be swell).
6. Run your race (or bike, or hike, or swim - I don't care, just move yourself!) take some pictures, write a race report, and email it, send me the link, or comment.
I'll post a link to all of the race reports once compiled.
Now, the million dollar question....
WHAT do you get out of this?
You can sleep peacefully knowing you've done your part to help fund pediatric cancer research.
Oh. You also will get entered to win some of these cool prizes...
1. <------- GONE!, by Skinny Runner
A Tough Chik cotton tee of your choice. You may have noticed my cool new banner over there ->
Tough Chik is performance and casual apparel for active women. I love their philosophy, and I'm excited to be a part of Team Tough Chik... but more excited to share the Tough Chik love.
Tommie Copper sleeves and hat! Winner can select from knee, elbow, ankle, calf sleeves.
3. <----- TAKEN, by Bobbi!
Team Sparkle skirt and Race Legs!! It is no secret how much I LOVE Team Sparkle. Their skirts are made to be worn over your favorite shorts/tights, and are seriously THE cutest.
VII A.D. angel pendant. VII A.D. believes there are those who wear art and have the right to wear the finest quality of unique, designer art pieces. Sevan, the founder of VII A.D., also happens to be married to a lovely friend of mine. He creates each piece individually! Edit: Sevan is awesome, and actually is upping his donation to this more expensive piece. Because they're awesome.
iFitness belts! Two belts to giveaway...
6. <------ Taken by Karen, week 3!!
GU Performance Energy Sampler - includes 9 GU Original Gels, 5 Roctane Gels, 2 Chomps, 2 Electrolyte Brew Packs, 1 Recovery Pack, and 3 Individual Electrolyte Tablets. I LOVE GU, so the winner of this will be sideyed HARD when I give this away.
A $35 Road ID Gift Card. We all have heard about SUAR's cousin, Sherry, who went missing on her run several days ago. Be safe!
8. <------ TAKEN by Rose!
Allied Medal Hanger! Allied makes TONS of options...
Winner can select from their online store, or go with a custom option!
9. <----Black, Gold, and White taken by Elizabeth! Balance snagged by T! THESE ARE GONE :D
Two sets of BIC Bands! There are 6 total, so I'll split these into 2 separate prizes, first winner can select their three favorites.
Arctic Ease Cryotherapy Wraps. GIANT set of 4 packs of 4"x60" wraps, and 2 packs of three 4"x6" cooling pads.
Pretty nice spread, huh?
A winner will be selected every FRIDAY beginning Jan. 20th, until prizes are GONE, using Random.org.
ADDITIONAL PRIZES MAY BE GIVEN FOR:
1. Best outfit. You guys know I'm a sucker for obnoxious, shiny clothes.
2. BEST race report. Do something crazy. I like crazy.
3. Whatever else strikes my fancy.
****NOTE**** If you've already donated, THANK YOU, and there is NO NEED to donate again to join the race. I'd still love it if you shared the race info, though :)
aaaand, the disclaimer: all of these items were donated to me by those fantastic companies. That's pretty awesome, right? ALL of those companies agreed to help fund pediatric cancer research. We should go thank them. All of the opinions are my own. I only approached companies that I personally use and love.
Alright. I know this was really, really long, so if you've made it this far, here's my contribution to Funny Friday Photos or whatever it is this week.