Monday, December 11, 2017

Austin Half Marathon - Week 8 PFTW

Last week..

Monday
80 squats

Tuesday
90 squats
4 miles easy (lol because everything is easy-but-so-hard pace right now)

Wednesday
Front squats (20lb) - 5x15
Plain squats - 25
Push ups - 3x8
Bent-over rows (15lb) - 3x10
Single-leg bridge - 3x15
Sit-ups (10lb) - 3x10

Thursday
Nothing because it snowed (IT SNOWED) ((squats rest day))

Friday
40 squats
4 miles

Saturday
Chest press (15lb) - 3x12
Reverse fly (5lb) - 3x10
Squats with OH press (10lb 1st set, 5lb next) - 3x15
Plain squats - 15
Leg lifts - 3x10
Figure-4 oblique crunch - 3x10

Sunday
80 squats
6 miles

This was the first week of working out without the trainer, and I kind of miss that guy. It was nice to have someone talking nonsense while I was dying, to distract me from that dying. It was also nice to just do what I'm told, and not have to piece together some well-rounded workout program. The heaviest weights we have at home are 10lb, so I don't know what I'm going to do when I need to increase weight. Use my gym membership, I guess.

The other big headline of the week was that it fcking snowed. In Austin.



People tell me that this is super rare.

They also told me that about the crazy tornado that came through when I was on my first visit here, and when we had a hurricane, so it can only be so "super rare". I'm starting to feel like they're lying and/or I'm cursed.


Next week....

Monday - 30 squats
Tuesday - 3 miles, strength
Wednesday - squats
Thursday - 4 miles, strength
Friday - squats
Saturday - squats
Sunday - 7 miles, no squats!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed you still did weights!! It snowed here for about 5 minutes on Thursday, not even to even be measurable. We may hit the record for most days without snow... just have to make it another 8 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm a "follow alonger" when it comes to working out. Tell me what to do and how to do it so I don't have to think. Thinking and doing the workout is way too hard.

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails