Monday, June 17, 2013

San Francisco, I love you.

And your coffee.
 photo null_zps89b7ccdb.jpg

And your pretty buildings.
 photo null_zpsf78a2b00.jpg

And all your pretty bridges.
 photo null_zps80cc9e5c.jpg

 photo null_zpsaa843805.jpg

And the best race course ever.
 photo DSC00634_zps759ee670.jpg

I had a GREAT time in SF. Marathon weekend there is just magical. So many runners, so many friends, a really WELL run race... it's just great. It was a bright, sunny, beautiful morning. Perfect. Just... perfect.

The race was interesting for me - I haven't run a half (besides Disney races) in over a year. I haven't run a race without Becka in, like... Gosh. A year. I was unsure of my fitness level. I pretty much went in with very little expectations regarding my performance, and was pleasantly surprised. Recap to come!
Brace yourselves now, because I took over 100 pictures on the course....

************************************************************************

Plan for the week.... maybe.

Last week I was very lazy! Actually, I feel like I was very busy in the evenings last week, and I'm not sure why? I can't remember anything specifically that would make me feel that way. Weird.
Monday: Nothing
Tuesday: Yoga sculpt, tank top arms, core (40 minutes)
Wednesday: 3 miles easy
Thursday: Nothing
Friday: More Nothing
Saturday: Travel, worked the expo for a few hours, and walking SF surely counts, right?
Sunday: 13.25 miles (I am terrible at tangents)

I am an expert at the taper?

This week:
Monday: Easy walk/jog to shake out some achy quads.
Tuesday: Cross training
Wednesday: 3-4 miles easy
Thursday: Cross training
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Trail run with The H!
Sunday: Unsure. Rest? Easy run? Eh.

Now comes the time in my "training" where I have nothing really coming up.

The next race I'm registered for is July 11, race #2 in the Renegade Summer Trail Run series. It's a 5 mile trail run, and I'm not exactly racing it.

After that is Race #3 in the series on August 1st, and then nothing until Dumbo Challenge Aug 31/Sept 1.

And possibly some fall plans that I'm not quite ready to pin down/talk about out loud.

There may be some trails in my future. We'll see.

8 comments:

  1. yay for sanfran love! i've never been, but i'd love to go!

    excited for the recap :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pics! Everything looks so different with the blue sky! Pretty cloudy there last year. I can't believe I don't see you for another 2.5 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some beautiful photos! :) Yes to trails. Always yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of the Dumbo Double Dare, I so wish I could get off work to do it. I'm going to do Tink again for sure in January, hopefully they'll lgive a medal or somthing for doing to Family 5K and the Half both. Can't wait to read your race report.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooohhh! I want to Renegade with you. I'll miss the first one, but hopefully can make the second :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohhh! I want to Renegade with you. I'll miss the first one, but hopefully can make the second :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooohhh! I want to Renegade with you. I'll miss the first one, but hopefully can make the second :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails