Tuesday, June 25, 2013

#NotEatingAllTheThings - week 7-8

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3.5
Week 5
Week 6

So, listen. Long report summarized, I'm up 1.7lbs over the last 2 weeks.

Total since beginning this experiment: -5.4lbs.

As I told Becka yesterday, I was anticipating a gain, because I've 1. been eating kind of whatever I want, and 2. barely moving my body. I just didn't feel like it, so I didn't do much to be productive in the "experiment".

I'm not really too bummed about it; I'm not going to pretend I've been eating well and it's a mystery why the scale creeped up.

 photo null_zps5c336151.jpg
Nope. No mystery.

I'm pretty comfortable with how my clothes are fitting, which is really what prompted the experiment to begin with. So I just wasn't super motivated to try harder?

Now that I'm planning on ramping back up on the mileage and cross training, I think I'll go back to logging my food in My Fitness Pal so I can keep myself in check - I am quick to say I earned a treat, and then it fast becomes I earned ALL the treats.

Becka, on the other hand, has killed this game. She wins. If you want to see someone doing this game RIGHT, go read her recap. It sounds like drinking more beer is the key to her success??

I'll have to stop at the store on the way home to stock up.

edited this to say, I am not unhappy with 5.4lb loss over 8 weeks - considering the minimal amount of exercising, I'm fine with it - it's just over .5lb/week, and that's a-okay in my book. Just to clarify.

5 comments:

  1. It seems like if you had added beer this would have gone totally different. That cinnamon roll looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you supposed to only really safely lose 1 pound a week anyways or is that just some mumble jumble that people say? Maybe this is the key to success, slow modification instead of all out watching everything you eat. Very interesting experiment you two have done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half a pound a week is nothing to sneeze at, 5.4 pounds total is great! I think finding what works for you is the key, and maybe some beer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty good weight loss over 8 weeks...esp if you are able to incorporate some of those foods...cause those all look amazing, well except that cinnamon roll. I'm the only one of the planet that hates those things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I should try this experiment! Anxiously watching and critiquing everything I eat is so TIRING! I fluctuate by 3-5 pounds every week, and it's maddening. Maybe if I do the moderation thing, it will actually stay off...

    Plus I can have my food and wine, which makes me a very happy girl. :)

    That pizza looks SO GOOD! I'm only eating Kashi healthy pizza now.. maybe I will treat husband and I on Friday? :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails