2. But I have read all of 50 Shades of Suck. Hilarity.
3. I don't really "get" tumblr.
4. I am 194% in a running funk.
5. I haven't had a good run since PCRF. Every one has felt REALLY hard, and the paces don't reflect the effort I've felt I'm putting in.
6. I was supposed to run 8 miles last night. I ran 4 with Snork.
7. Those 4 included 6x400 at a slower pace than I did the 20x400 a few weeks ago. And it felt eleventy million times harder.
8. And then I stopped. 4 < 8.
9. I'm hoping this is still recovery? I don't even know. My legs need to just cut that nonsense out. This is an excessive recovery period. Play time is over, legs.
10. I'm hoping running back bay this weekend with Snork (and maaaaybe a new running friend!) will pull me out of The Funk.
11. I zipped my hair in my hoodie this morning.
12. Related, I'm waaaaaay overdue for a haircut.
13. We're road tripping up the central coast over the memorial day weekend. OC -> SLO -> Big Sur -> Monterey -> San Fran. Any tips or must-see's?
14. It's Becka's birthday! Go say happy birthday to her.
15. I remembered that I forgot to cover the great post-PCRF Half expo! We enjoyed it last year (check out her super bald head here), but Gab was still kind of bleh. Chemo does that. She really, REALLY loved it this year.
16. Throughout the morning, people kept telling me they were at the Team Gabby tent. And I kept saying, I don't have a tent. I suck, and didn't set one up.
Imagine my shock when I walk by a tent and see a crowd of people with this on their shirt.....
Team Gabby part TWO!
|I know it's GIANT, but I love this picture, so giant it stays.|
THIS Team Gabby raised over $2,300 for PCRF! I was super bummed that I didn't realize they were there until almost the end of the event. And that, you know, I didn't listen to all the people who said there was a Team Gabby tent.... I swear I'll be a better team captain next year. Not trying to PR will help...
17. And, looks like Team Gab is closing out this fundraising season just shy of $7grand. Right now we're at $6,984 after my corporate matching gifts go through. (PS, anyone in for $16?? Click HERE to donate!)
18. Aaaaand, I waaaaay undershot what the event overall brought in. I can't remember where I saw the $288K number, but... it's way short. Looks like it raised over $662,000 for pediatric cancer research. That's pretty rad.