Monday, August 16, 2010

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it.

That's it. I'm done.

I am not an Org Junkie, and I cannot stick to a meal plan.

I posted on a message board last week, that I had an epiphany about why I cannot follow my own plans.

I am a huge proponent of fresh ingredients, and I love improvising. That's probably my FAVORITE thing aboUt cooking. I can't do that if I'm working off of a plan. I prefer to grab what sounds good, and make something rad out of what I have fresh right away. That's probably why I do fairly well playing at vegetarian.

I mean, what's the point of a meal plan? To ensure that you use what you have, to have a better handle on your budget? To not be scrambling wondering what you have for dinner?

Well, it's not really an issue. I don't generally run out to the store OR eat out if I'm missing something. I use what I have on hand. So... the end result is the same, right? Why fight myself into doing something that I don't wanna, when I reach the goal just the same?

So I'm not. I'm not menu planning, for a week, any more. I am free! If it works for you, great, please keep doing it. It just isn't my thing.

Instead, I'm gonna try to keep a daily food diary... hopefully it will confirm what I am thinking... that I eat from already owned items. Hopefully. Who knows. Maybe I'll do this and it'll be awful, and I failed. At least I'll get a kick in the ass.

Today's dinner is planned already - roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and some salad or something. Today - check!

1 comment:

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails