Wednesday, March 10, 2010

“In the name of the hungry, of the naked, of the crippled, of the homeless, of the blind, in their name, I accept the award.”

My friend Snork at Once upon a Snork gave me an award, which she rightfully predicted, I LOVE. I might even make her some cookies :)
So, the deal is that I have to spill 10 things that people probably don't know about me.

I'll try, but the truth is, I'm painfully boring most of the time. But, we can give it a shot, yes?

1. I read Gone with the Wind in 4th Grade. My gifted class was watching the movie, and it bored me, so... I read the book. I don't know that it's age appropriate, or that I really "got it", but... I read that sucker, cover to cover.

2. I haven't been my "natural" hair color in almost 18 years. I don't even remember what it really is. I once colored my hair a color that I *thought* was close.... then the roots started growing in. Not close, not at all.

3. I have an unnatural hatred of all chicks named "Jennifer". Sorry, it's nothing personal.

4. I am still not sure that I want to have kids. (did I say that out loud?)

5. I once went hiking in a super, super scary valley, that was all overgrown with trees, and there were caves, and THINGS stomping about in the woods, and scary. I would have taken pictures, because it was REALLY pretty, but I literally thought I was going to die, and I never, ever went back to that spot again.

6. I love organizing pot-lucks at work, because I get first dibs at bringing "Drinks!".

7. I'd like to be a chef, instead of a Customer Service Manager.

8. I joined the Marine Biology Club AND took marine biology my senior year in high school because they went on the most field trips.

9. I really like my IL's, despite the hassle I give The H about them ;).

10. I had to take Personal Fitness twice in high school becuase I failed the first time.

There you have it - 10 random facts about me!


In other, super SUPER awesome news, Snork and I are CRUISING this weekend! 36 hours from now, I intend to be waist deep in margaritas and floating in a hot tub!!!

I've also graduated to week 4 of the Couch 2 5K program. I registered for the Corona Del Mar 5K in June, and that race? Is gonna be my bish. Yep.

I found a neat farmers market near my house that is open on Saturday's, instead of weird things like Tuesday or Wednesday - I'm pretty psyched about that.

Some big changes happened for me at work the last few weeks, and it seems like it's for the better... it's an exciting challenge :)

Anyway, I'll pass this baby along to... Random Apples :)

2 comments:

  1. I was 8 or 9 when I read Gone With the Wind too. I didn't watch the movie until I was in 8th grade. I was always a reader (until the internet came about).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teeheee. Failed personal fitness twice. TEEHEE.

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails