Friday, October 22, 2010

No pain, no gain?

I think I'm doing something wrong.

I am certainly RUNNING longer than I've done before, ever.

I'm being fairly careful to try to run on alternating days, particularly now that I'm not doing intervals.

I'm icing a few times a day, in 15 minute intervals.

I'm not pacing myself well, I think. My pace gets faster every time. Which I'm stoked about.

What I'm NOT stoked about, is the frozen corn currently residing on my legs. Because they HURT. A. LOT.

I know I need to slow the pace. I know it. Then I just... Don't.

Even tonight on the treadmill, here I can SEE the pace, I just... Can't help it. I'm competitive, apparently. Who knew.

I need to cut it out. I need to stop racing myself. I mean. I'm on a treadmill. I'm not going anywhere. Right?

2 comments:

  1. What part of your legs are hurting? I totally understand the whole "racing yourself." But, that's how I ended up with the plantar fasciitis that's STILL bothering me. So yeah - slow it down, chickadee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. slow it down at least some of time. Remember easy days are a need part of training. good luck

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails