Thursday, April 1, 2010

“Success comes in cans; failure in can'ts”

A few months back, I had this idea that I wanted to do a 5K. I wanted one, specifically, near the ocean, with the pretty views and all.. If I'm suffering, at least I'll have something nice to look at(incidentally, that's also how I select my hikes).

So I found the Corona del Mar 5K . It's in a lovely area, ocean views and all... but what really made this one a winner, was this part of it....
"Registration includes a t-shirt, gourmet breakast featuring the famous Restaurant Row."
Like I said yesterday, I'm easy.

In preparation for the Warrior Dash, Snork and I decided we really, REALLY need to step up our gym game. It was a really rough time, last night, getting me to go to the gym. Last time I went, I hated every second of it, and then I got discouraged, because... I was doing so well, then just stopped, and then the whole thing sucked again.


But, despite my crankiness, I went, and it was magical. It didn't suck too much, and last time I watched my time, I was at 15 something minutes per mile... last night was under 13. There's a bit of walking thrown in there, but that 5K in June... I'm gonna rock it.

1 comment:

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails