Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Spooky 10K - Race Recap / PFTW

hey guys! I ran a race!



It was in a new-to-me area, that was not the worst place I've ever been.

Dana Point, Salt Creek Beach

Since I haven't really run anything AT ALL in months, I elected to not run the 10 miler, and instead pace friend Will in the 10k. We had a goal of around 11:30 pace, and planned to go out conservative, because - surprise! - the course was hilly, hilly, hilly.



The race promised tricks AND treats, so I'll let you ponder which is which.


Logistically, the race was spot on - Renegade Race Series always puts on a stellar event, which I really appreciate. Easy parking, easy packet pick up, course was well marked and well supported.

The age group awards were AMAZING.


Super cute short-sleeve cotton tee, and medal for the 5k/10k (the 10 mile also had a great medal).

I obviously had the Most Fun Ever.


Summary: Great event - there are also kids' races, pumpkin decorating contests, costume contests, and a small expo. Parking was a breeze. Well marked out and back course. Lots of hills. Lots of great views. Loved it!!

***************************************************************************

So, last week, I did stuff!

Fitness Blender introduced a 5-day Plan for BUSY PEOPLE, of which I am one, so I did it. It wasn't the worst, but it was certainly hard. It's so awkward to start working out and realize that you have become incredibly weak.

Since I ran a 10k in a fairly respectable time and felt GREAT, I figured I'd go ahead and start running again more regularly. I'd been procrastinating on this because I was really concerned that I'd forgotten HOW to run, and also the longer I remain lazy, the easier it is to remain lazy. But it was a really great time, and I remembered that I kind of do like running.

Also, because I registered for this:
I really make the BEST choices.

Monday: arms/abs FB video
Tuesday: 3-4 miles easy
Wednesday: Legs?
Thursday: rest - #1 is racing! maybe a video in the am
Friday: 3-4 miles easy
Saturday: rest!
Sunday: 5-6 easy


4 comments:

Susan said...

Take me to Salt Creek Beach!

Elizabeth said...

how in the world does a 5k/10K have such great perks!?! sounds like a great race.

Steph @ Steph Runs On said...

Are you going to follow a training plan for this half marathon or just wing it? I think it wold be pretty fun to see you just wing it. ;)

Best TRX Wholesale said...

If you have not yet tried penny skateboards cheap online, it's time to own one and feel the difference it can make to your personality.
These are just brilliant and fabulous trx pas cher.
Whether it is trx pas cher or fashion accessories all means a lot for modern society of today.
Same is the case with trendy looking penny board hot sale.
When these are cheap trx, the excitement just gets doubled.
Most chic looking cheap trx are in fashion now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails