Thursday, December 12, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. I have a crazy plan for this weekend. First, it involves this....


2. Which I'll wear Saturday for.....
Where I hope to PR the 5k FOR REAL THIS TIME. I had a goal kind of picked out, and ran it by the smartest bunny I know, and since she thinks it's reasonable, I'm going to give it a shot. I have been doing a decent amount of speed work, and it's all been going pretty well.

(My current *real* PR is 27:47 from July 2012; the Vet's Day race would have been a PR, but since it was not anywhere close to a real distance, I'm not counting it).

My super lofty, man-I-hope-I-don't-puke goal: 25:45 (8:18 pace)
Goal B is to just PR: 8:55ish pace
I have no goal C. If I fail, I quit.

JK, my C goal, as it always is in a 5k, is don't puke or die.

#1 will be running, as well, and I tried to tell her it would be HILARIOUS to toe the line like it's a cross country race....
So far, she has declined.


3. Anyway, after Saturday's fun, I plan to try my hand at....
Yeah, yeah, I wasn't going to race this, but theeeeen I snagged a free bib from Run, Eat, Repeat, and now I'm going to! Yay, free.

So after I got that bib, I thought..... man, it would be kiiiind of fun to PR TWICE IN ONE WEEKEND.

Wouldn't that be FUN???

So, my goals for Sunday are.....
A: 2:05, 9:32 pace. I honestly don't know that I'm in the right place for a 2:05 right now, because I've been doing shorter, faster runs in prep for the 5k. BUT WHO KNOWS!

B: PR. My current PR is 2:11 (9:59 pace) from PCRF back in May 2012. That seems like BILLIONS OF EONS AGO. This wouldn't take too much effort, I don't think, but I have no idea how I'd feel on a hilly course the day after maybe running a 5k hard. So we'll see.

C: If I get out there and a PR is just not in the cards, I'll run it easy and enjoy a long run with a friend. There are no losers here, so I'm sure it's going to be a swell day.


Really, it's just been soooooo long since I've raced anything, I'm excited to be back out there and am really looking forward to all of it.




7 comments:

  1. Double PR weekend? Love it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the best 5k goal: "don't puke or die."

    I was super committed to track this fall and didn't do as many tempo runs as I would've liked but still saw an increase in speed for my half this past weekend.

    Good luck this weekend! Hope you come out alive and with 2 shiny new PRs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a speedy and fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck with your PR goals for both races. You got this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. based on the times you've posted in training miles...i'm predicting 2 PRs this weekend! in a fabulous festive skirt, too! Have fun and GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you've got this! Woo hoo double PRs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are totally gonna PRX2 this weekend! Good luck! Bummed I'm not sparkling with you on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails